Lots of people have a list of things they want to accomplish in their lifetime. I don't. I have some ideas but pretty much I just let things come as they come and take advantages of opportunities that arise. That definitely has held true in Chile, I have done more amazing things that I ever thought. That being said, the time has finally come to do the one thing I have wanted to do ever since beginning my Spanish study and the one trip I knew I wanted to make when I came to Chile: Machu Picchu.
Tomorrow I will be heading to Peru with 8 other friends from my program. We will be spending 3 days in Cusco, an old Incan city, before 7 of us will be heading out to trek the Inca Trail, a four day hike beginning in the outskirts of Cusco, past several other ancient ruins and on to Machu Picchu.an ancient Incan city that was mysteriously abandoned. It is known for its unique architecture and beautiful vegetation. I am incredibly excited, a bit nervous and overall I can't wait. It is so hard to believe that I first dreamed of this my freshman year of high school and now the time has come. Please keep all of us in your prayers. It's going to be awesome!
"To love the Poor is to love God the right way; to serve them well is to serve Him well; to honor our Lord, we must imitate Him."
St. Vincent de Paul
St. Vincent de Paul
10.24.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment