"To love the Poor is to love God the right way; to serve them well is to serve Him well; to honor our Lord, we must imitate Him."
St. Vincent de Paul
St. Vincent de Paul
11.17.2007
all is well
Given the state of my inbox with questioning emails I should probably put all the wondering to rest, the earthquakes last week in northern Chile didn't affect me and I am fine. They occurred much more to the north (~20ish hours) of where I am at. You could feel some tremors here, but I never did. As far as the damage goes, I don't really know what to think. 3 people were killed and plenty of homes destroyed. But as far as I can tell here, there doesn't seem to be an incredible amount of concern. All I have really gotten out of the people I have talked to here is that it is normal for Chile to have earthquakes like this and again there doesn't seem to be a rush to aid or much preoccupation. I have been trying to read articles about it online but even those have been sketchy. So the conclusion I have come to is that all we can do is pray for all the people that were affected and hope that this is the last big one for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment